Monday, August 8, 2011

Week 10 of marathon training

Well this week begins the 10th week in my 18 week training program for Tyler Rose marathon!! Last week was a big week at 41 miles! Overall it was a goo week!! I really enjoyed running the trail run with NTX runners!! It's always good to socialize with other runners!! This week is a step back week in training! Every third week I have a stepback where I drop a little in mileage!! It ended out working perfectly my training program called for a half marathon this weekend!! It just so happens the Hottest Half is Sunday!! So here is the plan for this week:

Monday: cross (yoga and strength)
Tuesday: 4 miles at race pace
Wednesday: 5 miles easy run
Thursday: 4 miles at race pace
Friday: 6 miles with McKinney running club
Saturday: Rest
Sunday: The Hottest Half

Today I am going to look for some new running shorts!! I need to get them now so I can try them out before the race on Sunday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment