Saturday, August 6, 2011

Long run with the fast guys!!

I was reading a blog the other day (Racing it Off) and she was talking about if some things people do are dumb or hardcore!!! Well this morning I woke up at 3 am and ate my pre run snack ( a protein bar and a bottle of water). I went back to sleep until 4:45. He alarm went off and i was feeling like I had not sleep at all!! I was really tired but I knew that one I put on the running shoes I would be good!!! So after getting all the gear on I headed out the door at 5:10! I decided to run ad far as I could and then meet the McKinney running club at 6. I ran 4.1 before I met up with the group!! The temperature was warm 86 degrees but there was a light breeze so that helped!! There were about 15-20 people that met up to run. I still had 13 miles left to go. The only group that was running a long distance were. The fast, experienced runners!! They were planning on doing 8-10 miles. They usually run at a 8:30 pace so of course i was telling them there is no way I can keep up with you guys!! But i wanted to run with someone and thought it would be a good challenge!! Well they were fast and took me on two really big hills!! (Which is a good thing because I need hills to help prepare me for Octobers marathon!!) I left the group at about mile 12.5!! The headed in one direction and I headed the other way!! AT this point I was tired, but I had to keep going!! I hce to see that 17 mile mark on my Garmin!! So I ended up doing 17 miles in 2:40:16. That is a 9:25 pace!! Overall it was a good run, challenging but doable!! I think I I keep training with the guys I could maybe make it to Boston before I die!! I love running my long runs on Saturday's because the running club drops water at multiple different spots along the way!! This helps so you don't have to carry all your water, especially in this heat!!

Oh yeah I forgot to say that when I was running those first 4 miles I had a crash!! There is the long stretch of side walk that is really dark. It has a lot of uneven concrete!! Well my foot hit one and down I went!! Luckily my hands caught the fall and no injurys to report!! That is the second time I have fallen on that stretch!!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! You are so speedy!!! If you get some cool weather for a marathon you will kill it!!! Lesley from Racing it Off is in my run club. :)

    ReplyDelete