Wednesday, July 20, 2011

My thoughts on weight training

I have been working the past 4 weeks with my personal trainer. We have been alternating doing legs, arms and shoulders and abs. I have never really done a lot of weight training. I always got bored with weight training. I think it is because I didn't really know what I was doing and didn't want to look dumb doing it. So I just never lifted weights. Now 4 weeks has past, and I am feeling a lot more toned. I see more definition in my legs and arms. It is hard to coordinate weight training with running. My personal training suggest weight training first then run afterwards. (I wonder if that is how everyone else does it.) I have also been trying to watch what I eat and try to eat healthy most of the time. I allow myself one cheat day a week to eat whatever I want. I definitely feel good and have more energy!!

1 comment:

  1. On the days that I lift & run, that's the order I do it. It seems to help my joints warm up and I feel better with my run. Plus I'm not so sweaty every time I use a machine. ;)

    ReplyDelete