Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Thrill of the Grill 5K

This past Saturday I ran the Thrill of the Grill 5K in plano. One of my friends was running the race so I decided to join up. This was my first 5K race to do. So I was excited to finally do one. Running a fast 5K is just as hard to me as running 20 miles!!! Racing is definately addictive, because know I want to keep getting PR's on 5Ks. I ran it in 23:58. The only other time I have ran an exact 5K distance, I ran it in 24:40. So I guess I made my PR. I finished 5th out of 98 in my age category and 96th out of 1358. Not to bad for my first 5K. I look forward to my next race.

After the race they provided a full breakfast and live band. At 11 they were having a BBQ cook off. I was already at home when they started that. There was a lot of people there but overall it was a good race.

No comments:

Post a Comment