Friday, April 29, 2011

Speedy Friday

This morning I woke up at 4:30 got dressed and headed out to the middle school for speed training. Every Friday at 5 am the running club meets. I decided to run to the middleschool instead of driving there. I figured it would be a good warm up, it's only 0.85 miles. I was a little early so there wasn't anyone there. There ended up being 4 guys, the coach and me. The coach was a really nice guy. He has ran 40 marathons in the past 10 years. Wow maybe one day I will be like him!! We started with a one mile warm up then started doing our sprints. Since this was my first speed workout I did 200m sprints with 200m jog. I did a total of 10 sprints. Then Finished up with a 1 mile cooldown. The other guys have been doing it for a while and they were doing 400, 800, 1200, and 1600 sprints! Then they would got back down to 400. That's a pretty tough workout! Maybe I'll build up to that. I did a total of 5.4 miles!! It was a good workout and I definately think it will help me get faster!! Tomorrow I am doing a 5k with my running buddy! We both hope to get a PR!! It will be fun either way!!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! That is a hardcore speed workout. I guess that's what you'd expect from people who meet at 5am to run!

    I'm not sure what part of my speed workout on Wednesday has me this sore but it needs to get better by tomorrow. I'm going to foam roll and drink a beer tonight. Surely that will do it! ;)

    ReplyDelete