Friday, May 6, 2011

400 m sprints

This morning i meet with the running club for speed training. We started off with a one mile warm up then started our sprints. We did 400 m relays. One of guys and i would take turns running a 400 m lap. We would rest while the other one ran. We did 10 sprints and then did a half mile cool down. Running sprints are tough. I definitely don't look forward to speed training friday. I hung in the with all the guys and did pretty good. We ran a total of 4 miles in 29 mins. This week was the first of 8 weeks of training to get ready a race in July. The race is Too Hot to Handle 5k or 15k. I didn't have anything on the calendar in July so I guess I will be doing this race now. I have never ran a 15 k before so it will be fun to try something new. The weather this morning was great 56 degrees, no wind, and low humidity. It could stay this temperature for ever and I would never complain.

1 comment:

  1. I'm probably in on Too Hot to handle. Need a July race anyway. :)

    ReplyDelete